Effective Date: September 17, 2020
Last updated: 2020
Collection and Use of Personal Information
You can access our Sites without providing any personal information. However, in order to use certain features of our Sites, we may request that you provide personal information.
If you use the “Contact Us” feature of a Site, we will collect your name, email address, postal code, profession, and any other information you may choose to provide. We use this information to respond to your request or inquiry.
When you visit our Website, we automatically collect your IP address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you visit, the features you use, and the referring URL’s you came from. We use this information to improve our Website and Services.
We may also use the personal information we collect to:
- communicate with you, including through tailored marketing messages and transactional emails, about our products, services and related services;
- manage and administer our business, including to keep business records, detect and prevent against error and fraud, and enforce our agreements;
- meet legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements; and
- otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Ply Gem will only disclose your personal information with your consent or if it has legal authority to do so. Ply Gem may include disclosures in the following contexts:
- Business Transactions We may use and disclose personal information in connection with the proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of Ply Gem or our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. Assignees or successors of Ply Gem or our business or assets may use and disclose your personal information for similar purposes as those described in this Privacy Statement.
- Legal Ply Gem may disclose personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and as otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law (including as required by applicable Canadian and foreign laws applicable to us or our service providers).
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
To learn more about targeted advertising based on information about your online activities or to learn how to opt out of having your data used for online behavioral advertising, visit youradchoices.ca or networkadvertising.org/choices.
Links to Other Sites
Ply Gem may offer links from our Sites to other websites. However, we are not responsible for, nor do we accept any liability for the personal information collection, use and disclosure practices of other entities to which our Sites may link. You should consult the privacy policies of these other websites before providing any personal information.
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information in our custody or control using physical, electronic or procedural security measures that are appropriate having regard to the nature and sensitivity of the information. However, please note that no security measures can offer absolute security.
Access, Correction and Contacting Us
If you wish to request access to or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, you may write to our privacy officer at [email protected]. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You may also contact our privacy officer if you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices.